LUNA Protein Bar Sampling

What a great surprise to receive an offer from LUNA to try out their gluten free protein bars for free! I know i have said it before but our family loves, loves, LOVES sampling. We get to try out new items that (most of the time) we wouldn't get to try due to our local stores not carrying the item, not knowing it was out there or because I just don't think to look for it whenever I am shopping. Whatever the reason, we appreciate any and all samples that we are invited to try out.



Just as a warning to be perfectly clear, I will warn readers that these protein bars are Gluten Free but they contain or may contain soy, dairy, peanuts, almonds, macadamia nuts and other tree nuts. Please read the ingredients carefully and remember to choose wisely based on your own specific allergies to be safe.

We received three flavors- Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookie Dough  and Chocolate Peanut Butter. I asked my daughter to help with the sampling since she has no food allergies that we are aware of. She was excited to help out, especially since they were chocolate covered and because it was the first time we received a sample that only she and I were trying out alone without anyone else. Kind of a mini-bonding thing for us.

Our first taste test was the Mint Chocolate Chip. Now, I do have to admit that both myself and my daughter are not big mint and chocolate lovers but the bar was definitely something that we would try again. The mint was not overpowering so we really did like the taste. It was also our first experience with a protein bar so the first initial bite (to me) was a little chewy but as I continued to chew, it went from chewy into chocolaty treaty. Both of us agreed that the texture was similar to a tootsie roll, only less chewy (if that makes sense). There was no icky aftertaste and it was fulfilling as far as a quick grab-and-go snack. The ingredients include Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Cane Syrup, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Vegetable Glycerin, Palm Kernel Oil, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Cocoa, Natural Flavors, Macadamia Nut Butter, Whey Protein Concentrate), Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Alkalized Cocoa, Organic Rice Flour, Unsweetened Chocolate, Water, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Cocoa Butter, Organic Vanilla Extract, Alkalized Cocoa and Vanilla Extract.

Next up was Cookie Dough. The Cookie Dough reminded me of some type of candy bar but I cannot place which one. It was sweet but not too sweet, it was gooey but not too chewy. It's good that I didn't have more in the house because I would probably be hiding them for a mommy-snack! Again, no aftertaste , which is just a family pet peeve of ours and it may not bother you in the least. My daughter asked for more as I was putting the last piece into my mouth..oops! The ingredients include Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Cane Syrup, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Cocoa, Dried Cane Syrup, Macadamia Nut Butter, Natural Flavors, Whey Protein Concentrate, Unsweetened Chocolate, Organic Rice Flour, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Cocoa Butter, Organic Alkalized Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract, Alkalized Cocoa and Vanilla Extract.

Last and definitely our favorite was the Chocolate Peanut Butter. The best way that I can describe this was that the flavor is very, very similar to a Twix-like bar (which I miss terribly!!) My daughter and I both looked at each other when we ate it and just smiled and went "MMMmmmmm!" at the same time. This was then proceeded by vigorous hand-washing and face washing to avoid any peanut remnants on us. The ingredients include Soy Protein Isolate, Organic Cane Syrup, Peanuts, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Peanut Butter, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Cocoa, Natural Flavors, Whey Protein Concentrate, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Tapioca Starch, Almonds, Organic Vanilla Extract.

Overall, I feel that LUNA bars are a great gluten free snack to try out as long as your only allergy is gluten. They are a fast and easy source of protein that can be kept in your purse, in the glove box or thrown into a lunchbag. I think many people would agree with me in saying that in the world of food allergies, products that make our lives a little easier are much appreciated. Thanks to LUNA for allowing me the opportunity to try out their products and to experience what they have to offer.

Comments