Great Gluten Free Goodies from Udi's

Recently, I was contacted by Udi's Gluten Free and asked if I would like to try some of their samples. I will admit, as a Food Allergy Consultant, I often see many products that I would love to try but have a difficult time finding in our local stores. So when a product review is presented and it's an item that I haven't had yet, I am beyond delighted. I am constantly seeking new products for clients as well as for our family since our family's entire food planning has also changed in the past few years. I am personally picky about which products we use and what I recommend to others. But I do have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the selection of items that Udi's Gluten Free sent to me.

I received packages of their Gluten Free Classic Hot Dog BunsGluten Free Classic Hamburger Buns and some boxes of their soft-baked cookies (yay for cookies!). The cookies included Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Coconut and Salted Caramel Cashew. Now, you will notice that there are nuts in these items but sometimes, this mama needs be selfish and enjoy some of the products that usually don't enter our household and that's just what I did. Am I a bad mom? No, just a hungry one.

Classic Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns


Udi's hot dog and hamburger buns are definitely a great gluten free surprise. Most gluten free products tend to be flatter or not very fluffy but these rolls were completely the opposite. They were a heartier, fluffier  consistency and not at all what I normally find in a gluten free roll. They taste great and I found that they mimicked that long lost friend of mine that I haven't seen since trying to stay off of gluten- my friend, crusty bread. I would recommend that if you are a person who prefers a softer bun, try simply heating the rolls for a few seconds to soften them just a bit. Just as an allergy precaution, I do want to let everyone know that both of these rolls do contain eggs.


Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies were a great combination of sweetness without being too sweet. The chocolate was rich and there were more than enough chips accompanied by a hint of maple flavor. The pecans also gave the cookies just enough of an extra crunch to make them simply delicious.  They reminded me of something that my Grandmother would have baked for me. These cookies do contain egg, pecans, and may contain peanuts, milk, soy and other tree nuts.



Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies

When I tried these cookies, I was simply in heaven! They very light and flaky and seemed to melt in my mouth. The mixture of peanut butter and coconut was like a buttery, tropical taste that was divine and I probably could have eaten an entire package easily. These cookies do contain egg, peanuts, coconut and may contain milk, soy and other tree nuts.


Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies


These cookies (just like the others) were light, flaky and crumbled in my mouth. Although they are cookies, they taste exactly like butter pecan ice cream. There was a perfect blend of salty and sweet to make my mouth water. These cookies contain cashews, egg, almonds and may contain peanuts, milk, soy and other tree nuts.

If I had to choose a favorite of the cookies, it would be impossible. They were all so buttery, crumbly, mouth-watery that I had a hard time not eating more than one (or two or five). These are definitely not your typical gluten free cookie, they were sent down to Earth as a present for all of the gluten free people who have suffered for so long.

I highly recommend these products to anyone that is looking for tasty gluten free options. In my opinion, when you find something that is not only safe for your diet but is delectable, then it's a great combination to have available. For a complete list of Udi' Gluten Free products and ingredients, please visit their website. A special thank you to Udi's for allowing me to sample their products and for including me in a product review. I would like to state I was not compensated by the company to write a review other than in happy taste buds.





Comments