Imagine there's No Peanuts

Inspired by John Lennon's song "Imagine"


Imagine there's no peanuts
It's easy if you try
No Epipens for any of us
Above us, not one hive
Imagine all the children
Eating for today...

Imagine there's no allergies
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to worry or die for
And no Benadryl too
Imagine all the children
Eating now in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll believe with us
And all allergy worries will be done

Imagine no more worrying
I wonder if you can
No need for fear or danger
Free of a 504 plan
Imagine all the children
Eating around the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll believe with us
And all allergies will be done.

Comments

  1. Substitute "food allergies" for "peanuts" and I'm imagining right along with you! :) My daughter's allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, flax seed, mustard, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day, right? Positive thinking, I believe in it!
      ~ Tracy

      Delete
  2. I do not think this is funny. Thousands and thousands of children in Africa are alive because of peanut paste. Would you feel better if peanut products were banned and these people died of malnutrition? I get the extreme danger of peanuts for a small percentage of people, your son among them, but they are life sustaining for other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David-

      As always, I appreciate that you subscribe to my blog. Please note that my posts are not meant to cause any harm to anyone, as everyone has very different allergy concerns. Thank you and have a blessed day.

      ~ Tracy

      Delete
  3. What fun! I loved this post! It's nice to be silly now and then. Of course, we all agree with Selena, imagine no food allergies, or about several millions other diseases and traumas that make life painful to that list.

    What I enjoyed about this post was the energy of imagine not dealing with a life threatening disease. Ah. Especially one that effects everyone in a community, not just the person with the disease.

    Ah, wouldn't that be lovely....no more disease?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I enjoy your posts very much too! It's good to dream and hope because you never know, one day...right?
      ~ Tracy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation