So, is it REALLY Delicious?

As a family that tries to remain as dairy-free as possible, we have been happy to find several products from So Delicious to add to our kitchen must-have's. Last year, I was uber excited (yes, it's a real word, Google it) to find their dairy free Coconut Nog but to top it off, I was asked if I knew about the newest frozen treats. Gasp! No, what newest items? Did I miss something?! Come on local stores, catch up people! I have foods to try and hungry mouths to fill- no time to dawdle, especially when it comes to varieties of foods. Then the frozen box arrived on my doorstep and all was right with the world again.

SO, What was in Box 1? So Delicious sent me a box of their Candy Corn frozen treats. (These are a seasonal item from August to October so make sure you keep an eye open next year!) Although they don't taste like candy corn, they were so creamy, so good that I can't wait to find them next year. The orange portion tastes similar to an orange creamsicle and the white portion is just a creamy frozen dessert topped off with just the right amount of dairy-free chocolate. Fully approved by both NutriKids as well as myself and our only hope is that So Delicious will keep this product in their thoughts for next year.
Ingredients: Organic coconut milk (water, organic coconut cream), organic dried can syrup, inulin, carob bean gum, guar gum, natural flavors, annatto, ascorbic acid, organic beet juice. Chocolate coating: Cane sugar, chocolate liquor, coconut oil, cocoa butter.

SO, What about Box 2? Box two was also a seasonal item- Pumpkin Spice frozen treats. These frozen goodies were like pumpkin pie meets dairy-free egg nog. Not too sweet, a mild pumpkin taste and just overall very easy to eat the entire treat with a thought about having a second one as well. (Please note that no harm was done to the Pumpkin Spice bar as I carefully placed something underneath it to keep it off of the ground for later consumption. Nutrimom reserves the right to eat products, even if they have actually touched the ground.)
Ingredients: Organic coconut milk, (water, organic coconut cream), organic dried cane syrup, inulin, guar gum, carob bean gum, natural flavors, spices, annatto, freeze dried pumpkin powder. 

*One request to the company- consider increasing the number of bars per package. I mean, four is ok but it's almost like a tease. Six or even eight is a nice number.

SO, There's Whipped Topping Too?! Yes, So Delicious sent two dairy-free dessert toppings and I have to say...Oh..My..GAWH!!!!! (Licking the spoon, and the plate and even the container). I think I have died and gone to dairy-free dessert heaven. The Coco Whip is just as creamy if not creamier than your typical dessert topping with the added bonus of not containing any artificial colors, sweeteners or yucky flavors. It reminded me of whipped topping meets the Bahamas- simple fluffy deliciousness. Ingredients: Water, organic coconut oil, organic tapioca syrup, organic dried cane syrup, pea protein, guar gum, organic sunflower lecithin, natural flavors, xanthan gum.

The CocoWhip Lite seemed to me to have a tiny it stronger coconut flavor but still just as good. And, did you know that the toppings can be defrosted and refrozen? Yup. It says so right on the container (even though I, Nutrimom,vigilant label-reader didn't see it and contacted the company to verify that I could refreeze it). Then I thought about it and it seems like it may be wasted if I refreeze the entire container each time, right? And all of you know that I am a stickler for not wasting foods, especially good, allergy-friendly foods. What does one do in this case? I spooned individual portions onto a board covered with waxed paper, froze them for one hour and then placed them into an airtight container for later use. No wasting and when you need just one dollop, it's ready and waiting for you. Ingredients: Water, organic tapioca syrup, organic dried cane syrup, organic coconut oil, pea protein, organic sunflower lecithin, natural flavors, guar gum, xanthan gum.

SO, What About the Rest?  Yes, I can't forget about the other items!! So Delicious sent me three varieties: Mint Chocolate, Pumpkin Spice and Coconut Milk Nog.

The Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk was so, SO good alone- almost like a liquid candy bar only not as sweet. And yes, I could have just drank it down but I like to try new things. Since coconut is a great protein, why not start out the day with a breakfast that tastes like a dessert? Simply soak your choice of gluten free oats (I use Freedom Foods) with enough Mint Chocolate Coconut Milk to make it soupy and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, simply heat it up for a fast breakfast. I also added a scoop of SunButter for added protein and to make taste even more like a sinful bowl of tastiness. (Warning, this could become your new favorite breakfast so use caution and hide it from others in the fridge.)

The Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk is like having a glass of pumpkin pie. And although I normally pose a recipe, this product was just something that I felt needed to be enjoyed all alone, in it's original state. You know how sometimes you get that three o'clock lull and you just need something sweet? This was my answer to that lull (plus, who can resist having a pumpkin spice mustache?!) And why yes, those are some of my individually frozen portions of their Coco Whip. See how they come in handy? A little bit of Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk, a cold dollop of Coco Whip to keep your beverage nice and cold- all I needed was someone to rub my feet and fan me.

The Coconut Milk Nog is something that I found last year and I was so excited when they sent me more in this package. Unlike your typical nog, So Delicious Coconut Nog is lower in fat and sugar and doesn't contain a lot of the ingredients that our family needs to stay away from (ie. egg, dairy and soy). It just so happens that I had a recipe that I used last year with their Coconut Nog so if it ain't broken, don't fix it, right? May I present and reshare with all of you my recipe for Nog Pops.

Nog Pops
3 Ounce plastic cups
Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips
1 Quart So Delicious Coconut Milk Nog
Cherries (optional)
Lollipop sticks
Cinnamon
Optional- Crushed gluten free pretzels (such as Glutino), candy cane bits, etc. for topping 

Place the plastic cups in a shallow dish for support. Sprinkle enough chocolate chips to cover the bottom of the cups. Pour the nog in each cup, leaving room at the top of the cup for chocolate. Optional- add chopped cherries to the cups.

Cover the entire dish securely with plastic wrap. Gently poke one lollipop stick through the plastic into the middle of each cup of nog. Place in the freezer until firm.


Once the nog cups are frozen, prepare the chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips on low heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Once melted, remove the nog pops from the freezer and gently spoon some chocolate onto the top of each filled cup. Add additional toppings, making sure you gently press down to ensure they become secured into the chocolate. Place back into the freezer until you are ready to serve.

Allow the pops to thaw a few minutes prior to serving. To loosen, run the outside of the cups under warm water.

Makes approximately 15 pops

I would like to send a huge, appreciative hug to So Delicious for sending me such great tasting goodies to try out. If you would like to find out more about their full line of products, please visit them at http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com as well as their other social media sites for additional promotions.




*As always, I did not receive any compensation other than the products to be reviewed as all of my reviews are always honest.







       




Comments