When 40 Lashes Are a Good Thing

For years, I have used your typical mascara with a primer. Is it horrible for your lashes- yup. Does it make my eyelashes sticky and clumpy- yup. Do I feel like I am ripping my eyeballs off every night when I remove said mascara- yup. So of course, when I received a message from the Red Apple Lipstick peeps who offered to pick my brain about their products, I was excited.



Why the Excitement? For those of you who aren't familiar with this line of products, Red Apple Lipstick is gluten free (among other things, read here). Yes- gluten can hide anywhere, even in your makeup! Although I do not have Celiac Disease, I do choose to be as gluten free as possible. Everyone has a different tolerance to allergens and who's to say that my purdy little lashes didn't make me feel a tad better (yes, purdy, just seemed right so just keep reading). The Red Apple Lipstick folks also sent me some of their lip gloss samples too (YES! They have other things, not just lipstick!) Brand name is deceiving...sneaky Red Apple just a tad sneaky! You lure us into your world of gluten free mascara only to have us looking like a kid in a candy store once we open up your site. Lipsticks, glosses, lip pencils, Rallye balm, exfoliate, eye shadows, mascara, eyeliner, samples!!!!! And I totally didn't spend like 5 hours clicking on everything (wink, nudge).


The Lash Project Mascara Ok, so I will be the first to admit that I didn't realize what the name meant and why it was relevant to the product. I began using the mascara about two weeks ago and had planned on writing the review but then other things come up, you continue using the mascara, life goes on. Today, as I am getting out of the shower, I looked in the mirror and wondered why some of the mascara was still on. Then I realized that it was my plain lashes....what? Just a subtle difference but they are definitely a bit more long and thick. Then I read the box & took a closer peek at their website-
  • BECAUSE it gives you an amazing mascara and powerful lash conditioner all in 1
  • BECAUSE it reverses and prevents your lash damage from years of toxic mascara use
  • BECAUSE it ends your embarrassing mid-day smudge problem and watery runoff
  • BECAUSE it ends clumping and flaking forever
  • BECAUSE it won't cause itchy, scratchy, puffy eyes
  • BECAUSE it stops your lashes from falling out pre-maturely
  • BECAUSE it doesn't dry out in the tube... when you know there's more left
  • BECAUSE it feels as fresh on the 30th day as it did on the 1st day you used it
  • BECAUSE it was literally made a week before you receive it
  • BECAUSE you can always get a discount through our free VIP Club
  • BECAUSE it works amazingly well

GASP! NOW it makes sense (doi!) - yes! The Lash Project, gotcha...I'm slow but it's summer and my kids have been home and non-stop eating so let my brain catch up here.

Lip Gloss Sample As I mentioned, I also got one of their adorable little lip gloss samples. Look at it- it's a little lipstick pod. It looks tiny but I actually got several applications out of it. It has the consistency of Vaseline, you only need a smidge and it made my lips look shiny but not goopy. I did have a bit of a time opening the package (I guess it's so delicate that it's like a company secret on how to open it!) or perhaps (and most likely) it's still the kids home for the summer thing. Even so, I am feeling a little more soft, a little more natural. Who else gets to have new lips and new lashes? ME! Love it! I can see it now- NutriKids go back to school and a teacher asks "What did your family do all summer?" "Well, my mom got some packages in the mail and then she just stared at the mirror all the time." Totally true and I'm not too proud to say that's what I do now. Now, my crazy curly blogger hair and some other issues, can Red Apple Lipstick help me out with those??


The Ultimate Test We went to the beach for a short getaway so I decided to see how my new mascara held up. I went swimming in the pool (chemical, chlorine, other unknown don't wanna know things), I played in the ocean (luckily, no sharks but I would have just batted my new lashes at them) and a few days with some terrible gusty winds and rain (no worries, I still went outside in it). My old mascara would have run down my face, given me raccoon eyes, melted off in sporadic weird clumps (because of the primer) so I would have been a mess. Instead, the Lash Project version of my lashes were very different. Did it come off- yes but not half as badly as it would have the way my usual mascara did. And even after a full two days of wearing the same mascara, it was still on just a tiny bit. What I did notice was even after day two, my lashes were still soft and natural feeling- this is why I didn't have to remove it. Nice! So, technically, I could also save time and money because now I am applying it less often. Double nice!

I also found a random picture taken by NutriDaughter and I immediately noticed that my lashes do look longer. Like I am wearing primer but I'm not. Can you see what I mean? (ignore the wind-blown curls and roots)

The Difficult Decision Because I am always honest in my product reviews, I do need to whine just a bit about the dilemma I am having with these. (Deep breath) Ok, keep in mind that I am a blogger but also a mom on a budget. So you are looking at a woman who digs through discount bins, stalks dollar stores for brand name cosmetics for a buck and very, very rarely purchases anything beauty-related without a coupon and a store sale. SO you can imagine the back and forth inside of my head looking at the price for this mascara. Price for one is $37......I can hear many of you saying "What?!" just as I did. BUT I do love my lashes. They DO feel softer and look longer. BUT $37!!!! But they offer coupons on their website (COUPONS!) BUT it's still like $20 more than what I would pay. BUT they have a 60 day money back guarantee....sigh...what's a girl with pretty lashes to do now?! I love the products but the price is killing me.

Help Me Decide Take a moment, browse their links and leave me a comment to tell me your thoughts as well (good or bad, you should be honest too!). Please remember to tag and/or reference me (Nutrimom) and them (Red Apple Lipstick). Should I? Shouldn't I? I'm willing to bet that if we can get enough feedback we may just be able to get some type of giveaway going on too (you all know I love sharing and giving back). For your convenience, feel free to click on the links below (mine & theirs)


Web                                                                             
Blog                                                                                
Facebook                                                                     
Twitter                                                                         
LinkedIn                                                                       
YouTube





                       
Web
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest

 <3 Thank you Red Apple Lipstick for reaching out & giving me the opportunity to try your products! Please feel free to ask me again, I'd love too <3


Comments