When Loafing is Acceptable

Last year, I found Schar's Artisan bread. It is the closest product to that bread I had missed so very much and was now in my kitchen waiting to be devoured. And NutriSon was happy too so all was good with the world again, right? Well. Maybe. Because NutriSon is picky. Like, above and beyond picky. So when Schar's came out with their newest Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds bread, I saw this as a huge opportunity to boost my son's digestive tract. I know, mom's are so lame but since this new loaf contains ancient grains and seeds, that means fiber which also means better digestion. While I was busy being excited, NutriSon was busy NOT being excited. He saw "bread with things in it" aka chunks or whatever you want to term something where the some of the ingredients are visible. I saw a new challenge to prove him wrong.

Utilize Sibling Power I have found that there is an easy method to have your child try something that they denied the first time that you presented it- give it to their brother or sister first. Once they see that the new product that they were supposed to try is being eaten by the other one, the contest begins. Especially when the one eating it is saying how soft it is, how great it tastes and how "Mom made a special sandwich just for me". This may not be approved in any of the parenting books but hey, whatever works and it's relatively harmless. The easiest way to try this out is to use a cookie cutter to cut out a shape from any other Schar's bread, a shape from their new 10 Grains & Seeds bread and then insert one shape into the opposite bread. Not a huge magic trick but it got the attention of both of my children and the kids that saw it at school too. Maybe I need a star too!


They Choose Cake over Bread If you had a choice between bread or cake, which would you choose?! It may seem like I am the mom with the mostest but I am still just in sneak mode. I am serving up what seems to be a dessert item, right? But this dessert has the added benefits of the unique sourdough and I even snuck in a bit of fruit in the process. Prep time is just 5 minutes and there is no bake time. Ready to make it? Just click on the recipe title for the full instructions.


Pumpkin Petit Four Fingers
2 Pieces of Schar's Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds bread
2 Teaspoons Go Veggie Vegan Classic Cream Cheese
1/2 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
1/8 Teaspoon vanilla
1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon raw honey
Chocolate (such as Enjoy Life Foods)
1/2 Teaspoon oil (such as Winona Pure Oil)

Click for the recipe
No Crusts Mom! ..do you have one of these also? It's ok, I've got you covered for this too. Cut off those crusts and make them into No Bake Pumpkin Donut Holes instead. Similar ingredients as the recipe above, same 5 minute prep time and with a little bit of patience while you wait for the chocolate to cool, you have yourself another easy treat. And that white stuff that's in the picture that you probably thought was sugar- nope, it's coconut flour. Yup- donuts that are allergy-friendly and your oven doesn't even have to be on. Healthier, even on the outside- none of the donut shops can boast about that. These are kid-friendly but also parent-friendly so make sure you make some extras for you as well.

Back to the Crusts We still have those crusts that your children just don't want to eat. You could throw them away but most of us who buy gluten free bread knows that nothing should be wasted. You could make them into typical recipes, like croutons or stuffing but I wanted to share another route that my recipe guru brain went to. This one does require using your oven but it's minimal and has a delicious outcome.

Bread Crust Granola
Oil (I recommend Winona Pure Oil)
Crusts from 2 pieces of Schar's Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds bread
1/4 Cup dried berry blend (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
1/2 Tablespoon raw honey
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
Dairy free Popcorn Butter Spray


Make it
Can I just say that these amazing gluten free products are (in my opinion) the best that we have found in our gluten free journey. Food allergies should be about loving your foods and it should be about thinking about how many ways you can use that wonderful product to allow you even more freedom with your foods.  For this, I thank you Schar- you are truly making our families happier and our kitchens fuller. For more information, recipe ideas and much more,  visit them on their website, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and even YouTube.
  
 
But I Want a Loaf! Luckily, Schar has a $2 off coupon waiting for you.



$2.00 Off Any Schär Product!






I have received free products in exchange for my recipe ideas. No charge for product reviews as my thoughts are always honest.

Comments

  1. These are really creative ways to use bread! The cutout start slice is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation