20 Days of May #FAAW

This May is the first May that nothing is as it should be. All of us have had our lives disrupted and for food allergy parents, the current situation is literally one of our worst nightmares. Regardless, during the turmoil and food shortages, my heart has been filled with so much love that I have seen within our food allergy community. As we always do, we are rising up and standing together during a time when many may feel a need to hide away. I have seen companies donating items, I have seen everyone asking how they can get safe food items to those who need it and I have seen advocacy and support grow above and beyond. Years ago, I coined the phrase #TealVillage and I am so grateful to be a part of this with all of you.


I wanted to do my part by highlighting a product, company or organization each day from May 1st - May 20th in hopes that someone, somewhere will gain new information that may be helpful to them. Especially because our foods have been changing so much over the years and support has been popping up from all different areas, that light bulb moment when you read about something different that can ease your day is just what we may need. Do you find comfort in support? Can you sleep better knowing you have connected with another avenue of advocacy? Does the virtual world now encompass most of your day only to leave you feeling a bit helpless because right now, this is all that we have? I personally am saying yes to all three.... but even while feeling overwhelmed and helpless, there is still a fire inside of me that tells me I cannot give up. I hope that my campaign will keep your fire lit as well.

My daily feature posts will be available on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (because some of us prefer one social media platform and some of us choose others) so be sure to follow me. I encourage comments because MORE sharing is caring! If you have a recommendation, please comment so others will be able to check into it too. I also invite all of you to view my updated website at AllergyPhoods where I have added a Phood Store, one-stop shopping area for various food allergy needs including my new Mini Books of Knowledge ebooks. Please note that some items may or may not be available from the other vendors due to COVID19, please check with them for details.

Stay safe, stay healthy, eat well and send everyone a virtual hug to let them know our village always has enough room for more family members ~





Comments