Wrapping in May [Product Review]

Are you gluten free? Are you trying gluten free products? Today, I want to chat about gluten free wraps. Let's be honest- most gluten free wraps are not amazing. They can be too gummy, fall apart way too easily, are not flexible or just don't taste very good. If you follow me, you know that I don't sugarcoat anything. There is no reason too. Even with food allergies, intolerances and/or dietary restrictions, you should enjoy the foods that you eat.

Which is what brings me to my next point- my review of Kaliwonder Gluten Free Slim Wraps. Before I jump into it, I did not look at the fact that these wraps have less carbs. I eat what I want to eat. If I want a carb, I'm going to eat a carb. Is it helpful for some- yes, go for it! But I did want to make that initial point. Back to my review- Kaliwonder sent me their oat wraps. Here a a few positives:
gluten free oat fiber wraps

  • Gluten free
  • Vegan
  • Soy free
  • Kosher
  • GMO Free
  • 7 Grams of carbs 
  • 60 Calories per wrap

Do I get too wrapped up in taste? Yes. I am allowed to and so are you! I was pleasantly surprised from the moment that I opened up the bag. Because Slim Wraps have seasoning, opening the bag immediately made me think of... pizza? I mean, when was the last time you opened up a bag of gluten free wraps and actually liked the smell of the wraps? Probably never (again, just being honest). So, of course, I was immediately excited to try them out. But first, I had to continue my food detective process. First up was the typical wrap for lunch (sorry, no exciting recipe but I was hungry and excited about tasting them after smelling them!). The final verdict- Slim Wraps are not dry, crumbly, mushy and did not fall apart!!!!! Come on gluten free friends, we all know this is a huge victory all by itself. Another plus- there was no funky aftertaste. Happy taste buds, happy blogger indeed.

gluten free flexible wraps food

I decided to try Slim Wraps as a quesadilla to test out the same judgments and see if it continued to stand up. IT DID! One thing I did note is that Slim Wraps didn't seem to want to get crispy when I panfried them. Not the worst thing in the world but I personally prefer a crispy, crunchy quesadilla. In the grand scheme of things I will take the gluten free, tasty not-fall-apart-not-mush-smells-good wrap while cooking. I am definitely willing to try out a few more recipes that require the Slim Wraps to be cooked for more options. All in all- I love the fact that these wraps are gluten free, tasty and can be packed into a lunch without turning inedible or unreliable. Once school comes back into full swing, having another packable option is key. Actually, any reason to eat is a good reason so basically, I am just excited to try them out again.


FAQ's- I did reach out to the company and asked a few questions that I felt some of you may be asking. The representative was very prompt in getting back to me with answers however, as always, I do recommend that everyone does further research and follow up to ensure safety for their specific dietary needs.

Q1: Is your oat certified gluten free? "Yes, our oat fiber is certified gluten free oat fiber."

Q2: Please clarify your processing methods, as it states manufactured in a facility that uses wheat. "We have separate equipment and production line for Kaliwonder. We clean the entire facility and all equipment before producing the gluten free wraps. We do manufacture other bread but when we produce Kaliwonder, it has it's own day for production and everything is cleaned before and after. We also test each batch for gluten upon production."

flexible gluten free wrap meal

Ingredients are water, oat fiber, tapioca flour, vegetable shortening, guar gum, salt, baking powder, tomato powder, seasoning (marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano and basil), calcium propionate. Big virtual hugs to Kaliwonder for sending out their product for me to review and for feeding me. You can find them at Kaliwonder.com and on their social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest



As always, no charge for my product reviews other than the products themselves as my opinions are honest and my own. 













Comments