Usually, the norm is to make caramel apples. For those with food allergies, a store-bought or even homemade caramel apple may not be safe at all due to dairy and possible other allergens. And caramel- have you had a caramel apple lately? It gets stuck in your teeth. Is there a way to make this allergy-friendly and add a healthy ingredient to it? Yes, yes there is and all you need are two ingredients (maybe 3-4 depending on your flavor request).
Fruit & Chocolate Covered Apples
Crispy Green fruit snacks
Enjoy Life Foods chocolate*
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
No Bake Time: 5 Minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Using a mini chopper, grind your choice of Crispy Green fruit snacks until very fine and set aside
- Melt the Enjoy Life Foods chocolate
- Using a small plastic frosting knife, cover the apple with melted chocolate
- Sprinkle the apple with ground fruit snacks (use 2 or more for flavor enhancement!)
- Set aside and allow the chocolate to set completely
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Insert a colorful paper straw or other decorative apple holder
Serving sizes will vary
Now For the Giveaway!!
Let's all stop for just a moment and say thank you to the folks at Crispy Green and Enjoy Life Foods for sponsoring this yummy giveaway (virtual thank you's heard all around the world).
A variety box of Crispy Green fruit snacks, an adorable lunch bag and 2 bags of the new Enjoy Life Foods Snack Packs (one Mini Chips and one Morsels)!!
The contest will run from October 10 - 13th 2016. See the contest entry details in the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Open to all US citizens. No purchase necessary. Sharing is always encouraged so if your friend wins, you can totally mooch their prizes. Entries will be kept confidential and will not be shared with any other parties. One winner shall be chosen at random via Rafflecopter
Just in case you weren't sure, go here NOW and get your entries in before it's too late!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway