My First Blog Entry

I am very excited to begin blogging! I am hoping this blog will reach more people and, by doing this, be able to help more people.

If you are new to this blog, I am also on Facebook under Nutrimom - Food Allergy Liason and you may visit my website at www.AllergyPhoods.com

I started my business after I realized that food allergies and my first hand knowledge of food allergies could help others. I was fortunate enough to work for a wonderful Medical Doctor who taught me how to substitute my son's foods, keep him nourished and to keep him healthy. I kept thinking that there had to be an easier way for people to be introduced into the world of food allergies. As many other people do, I kept asking myself what I was supposed to be doing with my life. I kept in contact with the Doctor and she finally told me that I could do this, that I should do this. And I realized that this is my calling. This had been sitting in the back of my mind for years while I researched reputable companies, taste-tested allergy friendly food items and collected more and more information on food allergies and what else is found with them.

I feel as if the time that I spent wondering why my son had food allergies was a journey to get where I am now. I used to ask why had he been cusred with such an uneasy life? Why should anyone have to go through life being so limited? But this is actually the opposite of what I have realized- this journey was to open up options, not feel as if they are limited. If my son did not have food allergies, we would probably be eating horribly! I would not have learned what foods are great for you and how different foods keep you energetic and healthy. This is not a curse but a reason to find the truth. And the truth is that I am here to help others and to continue to open up doors for allergy friendly foods. I am here to learn how to live with less fear and feel more empowered by continuing to gain more knowledge.

If you are reading this and you have just begun your researching due to a new diagnosis or even if you have had food allergies for awhile but you just need new ideas or someone to chat with, I am here. Safety in numbers, right? The more you know, the better you can handle anything.

Comments