Seriously Sensational Sunbutter Sampling

Our household has had Sunbutter as a kitchen staple for as long as my son has been diagnosed with food allergies. I was delighted when they asked me if I would like to receive some free samples and let them know what I thought. Being the food allergy mom that I am, trying to budget and to serve healthy and delicious foods to my family, this was equivalent to getting a Christmas gift. Not only was it free but we already knew that we would use the products and enjoy them. If I was a waffle, this would be me receiving Sunbutter.  I know,I know, kind of corny but it's true!


We received two samples- one of their Organic Sunbutter and one of their Natural Crunch Sunbutter. The Organic Sunbutter simply has fresh roasted organic sunflower seeds and nothing else. It has the same consistency of peanut butter and it's very versatile to use for mixing into recipes, baking or for snacking. In fact, my son asked for a chocolate cake the day we received the samples. So I whipped up a gluten free chocolate cake and quickly made an icing using Sunbutter. The icing was easy to make, the Sunbutter whipped up nicely and all were happy for many days to come in our home.

This was our Gluten Free Chocolate Cake With Sunbutter Frosting:



Ingredients:
- 1 Box Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free Chocolate Cake mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter or butter alternative
- 1 Cup Sunbutter
- 3 Tablespoons (or more, as needed) milk or milk alternative
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Melted Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips  or chocolate syrup (optional)

Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package. Let cool completely before icing.

In a medium bowl using am electric mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until you reach the desired consistency. You may find it to be a little too thick, in which case you can add in additional small amounts of milk or milk alternative until you get the frosting that you desire.

Frost sides and top of the cake. Drizzle with melted chocolate on top. Enjoy!

The next day, I was cooking bacon and, of course, I was getting hungry. I decided to pop a gluten free waffle into the toaster. I began to smear it with some Sunbutter and for a moment, I was struck with the thought of Elvis Presley.....bacon, Sunbutter...I think you can guess where this is headed. And behold, the Elvis Midday Snack was born! I have to say, never in a million years did I think I would try this combination but Elvis had it right- it's a mixture of just enough creaminess from the Sunbutter and just enough crunch and saltiness from the crisp bacon. I was very pleasantly surprised. (Yay, Elvis!)

Elvis Midday Snack featuring Sunbutter


Ingredients:
- 2 Gluten Free waffles of your choice (I used  Nature's Path Frozen Homestyle Waffles)
- 4+ Pieces of cooked bacon of your choice (I used Hormel's Natural Choice)
- Sunbutter of your choice

Prepare the waffles as directed on the package. Spread with desired amount of Sunbutter. Add bacon on top. Repeat, if necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I eat healthier foods as well. I added the Natural Crunch Sunbutter into my morning oatmeal with some fresh strawberries with just a pinch of sea salt to get a great, fulfilling and fast breakfast. I also had some on my rice crackers for an afternoon pick-me-up and it was perfect. I guess I am a crunchy kind of a person.

The last thing that I decided to try out was as a topping on our Rice Dream ice cream. Why not? How many times have you seen ice creams that contain peanut butter? Why not make Sunbutter feel like it's welcome too. A few scoops of Rice Dream, some warm Sunbutter partnered with some melted chocolate...yum! Very easy, very satisfying and very happy children and mom (which is really what is the important thing here). Feast your eyes...ooooohhhhhh, ahhhhh!




Sunbutter products are great for people who cannot have nuts or nut products. Their products are made in a  facility that is both peanut and tree nut free. You can view their line of products at www.Sunbutter.com or on Facebook. I do want to mention that they also have other items, such as convenient 1.5 ounce cups of Sunbutter, On-the-Go-Snack-Packs and Sunbutter with Omega-3. Our family gives Sunbutter 1 thumb up (only 1 because our other hand is busy scooping the Sunbutter out of the package).

Comments