Sneek Peak Recipe From My Book

If you a re a follower of my Facebook page, you already know that I am working on an ebook. To celebrate, I am sharing one of the breakfast recipes with all of you. I will admit, my recipes are never very fancy. I do this for a specific reason- in the world of food allergies, simplicity can be your best friend. I remember how I felt when my son was first diagnosed with his food allergies and when I started to prepare his meals. It can be very frustrating and time consuming. One of the focuses of my book is to include simple recipes that are very easy to follow, especially in the beginning stages. I include different ideas on how to start rethinking the items that you are able to use for recipes rather than what you have to avoid.

This warm cereal is something that is easy and nutritious. It's gluten free, contains fiber and this recipe can be modified with any add-ins that you like (fruits, seeds, proteins). We chose to add in some fresh banana, raisins and raspberries.

Enjoy!

Warm Amaranth Cereal
1/3 Cup Amaranth
1 Cup Cold Water
2 Teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup (or) Stevia to taste
1 Sprinkle Ground Ginger
2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 - 1 Banana
*optional- Fresh Fruits, Dried Fruits, Seeds, Sunbutter (or nut butter, if not allergic), honey




In a medium pot, add the amaranth and cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to low heat and keep covered, cooking about 20-25 minutes.

Add in maple syrup, ginger, sugar and cinnamon. Gently stir in fruits or other add-ins of your choice.

Comments