Surf Sweets- What a Sweet Way to Enjoy Life

I was recently asked if I would like to do a product review for Surf Sweets gummies. Hmm, let me think- organic, allergy-friendly- sure! When your child has food allergies, you are always looking for a product that will not only be safe for your child but having natural ingredients is a big plus. I think we can all agree that less dyes, artificial flavors and high fructose corn syrup is a good thing for any mom.

Surf Sweets was kind enough to send me an assortment of their gummies which included Sour Worms, Gummy Swirls, Sour Berry Bears, Gummy Bears, Jelly Beans and Spooky Spiders. (Psst- it's supposed to be a secret but the Spooky Spiders will be one of the goodies for my October Giveaway! Don't tell anyone, ok?)

As always, I layed them out on the counter and just left them there for a day or two just to torture my children. After all, it is one of the things that you get to do as a parent. You can imagine the reaction of when my children came home and I reminded them that samples cannot be eaten until I have taken pictures and tried them myself. The anguish and the horror- it was so much fun!


I have to say that the waiting paid off. Each sample that we tried was worth it. Our first sample was the bag of Sour Worms. I am not normally a sour person but these were the perfect blend- a tiny bit tart but not so sour that your mouth was puckering up with just a touch of sweetness to take the edge off. My kids continued to say all day "Squirm, squirm, squirm, I am eating a worm". What I liked about them was the stretch factor- most gummy worms cannot be bitten easily but these were less gummy and more jelly-like so they could be easily chewed without feeling as if you were going to choke on them.

Next, we tried the Gummy Swirls.These were like gummy gumdrops but without the icky flavors
that few people like to eat. They were also the perfect size-not as big as a regular gumdrop so they would not feel like they were invading your mouth. They were a good consistency- gummy but not so much that they stuck in your teeth for an hour and then you really don't get to enjoy them. This helps when you want to stuff several into your mouth at once and still get all of the great flavors.

Sour Berry Bears- my son's favorite! Another product that is slightly sour but still sweet enough to be enjoyable. They have sugar on them but it's not so much that it's falling off everywhere or ruining the actual taste of the bears. These were a big competitor against another brand that we buy and guess what- these won. My son actually savored them and it took him several minutes to eat them. (For those of you who don't know my son, no food is eaten slowly.)  If only Surf Sweets made some vegetables like this.

And of course we had to try the regular Gummy Bears as well. After all, you can't try one and not
the other. The thing that I most enjoyed about the Gummy Bears was the consistency- they were just juicy and fruity rather than that chewy, gummy effect that you normally find with other gummy bears. There was a variety of flavors and even the yellow ones were good (my own pet peeve, I usually don't like the yellows). I had to distribute them evenly because there was a fight over who had how many of which flavor. In the end, who got most of them- me! Because I can :) Again, silently tormenting your children is fun.

My husband's favorite candy is jelly beans so I had to make sure when we opened the Surf Sweets Jelly Beans that Dad was the first to taste them. All of the flavors were tried by themselves, then together in pairs. The result- Dad and the rest of us have a new favorite jelly bean! I wonder if the Easter Bunny knows about these? Can we mail him some? Or, maybe, just maybe, the Easter Bunny is in cahoots with Surf Sweets....hmmmm, very sneaky!


My last sample- the Spooky Spiders. I have to admit, I was kind of creeped out by putting a spider
into my mouth but you have to get over it for the good of the cause. I found the spiders were a bit surprising. I didn't taste too  much flavor at first but then there was a rush of fruit flavor. I would have to say for a spider, it was definitely worthy of munching on. They are the right size to use for Halloween if you want to make spider web cupcakes or cookies or brownies with a safe treat on top. Just watch out for those eerie little legs.

My overall impression of Surf Sweets was a great one. All of the samples are free of corn syrup, GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms), gluten, nuts, dairy and casein. They are also made with fruit juice and contain a dose of Vitamin C and calcium. Their complete product list and information can be found at http://www.surfsweets.com/. They are also partnered with some other great causes such as The Ocean Project, Climate Cycle, EcoMom Alliance and Green Halloween

Our samples contained a variety of fruity flavors, all of the consistencies were favorable and we were not left feeling as if we were being cheated in any way because they are so allergy-friendly. I feel confident that these will be a new staple in our household from now on. Many thanks to Surf Sweets for allowing me to try out your great products!














Comments