Pizza Pie for Breakfast

Ever since August, I have been addicted to the gluten free pizza crusts made by Smart Flour Foods. I first found them at an expo in Georgia and since then, I cannot stop eating them! Those of you who have a gluten free diet understand that once you find a product that tastes good and can be used in multiple ways, you cling onto it for dear life.


I am also a big advocate of not wasting any foods, especially with a food allergy shopping budget when every penny counts. So when I realized that the apples in our fridge were not so great to eat but definitely usable for a recipe, my brain begin to perk. Not only that, but I had other ingredients too and none of them were enough for a full meal. I grabbed my gluten free pizza crusts and put together two very simple breakfast recipes that I wanted to share with all of you. Although, I suppose they would be just as welcomed as a dessert, after-school snack or a brunch item as well. Whatever you decide to use them for, I am confident that it will be as a big of a hit in your home as it was on ours.

Apple Pie Pizza 
3-4 Small apples, peeled and diced
3 Teaspoons cinnamon
2 Teaspoons allspice
Raw Honey
1 Smart Flour Foods pizza crust
Winona Pure sunflower oil spray
Frosting of your choice (we mixed confectioners sugar and dairy free milk)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large casserole dish, combine the apples, cinnamon, allspice and honey. Mix until well coated. Place the casserole dish into the oven, stirring frequently to soften the apples.

Place one pizza crust on a pan, lightly spray the top of the crust with sunflower oil spray and bake until crispy.

Remove both from the oven. Coat the pizza crust with the frosting, top with the baked apples and drizzle with a bit more of the frosting.

Serving sizes vary

Dairy-Free Strawberry Cheesecake Pizza
1 Smart Flour Foods pizza crust
Winona Pure sunflower oil spray
1/4 - 1/2 Cup So Delicious vanilla coconut yogurt
Cupcake Granola (recipe HERE)
Strawberries, cleaned and sliced

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place one pizza crust on a pan and spray the top of the crust with sunflower oil spray and bake until crispy.

Remove from the oven and spread the coconut yogurt on the crust evenly. Sprinkle with some Cupcake Granola followed by the slices of strawberries. Sprinkle with a bit more Cupcake Granola.

Serving sizes vary

And here is the proof that NutriSon (aka the picky eater) enjoyed them too!







Comments

  1. During my whole childhood and into my early adult years I despised what has become standard US breakfast fare -- eggs, grits, cereal. When I discovered pizza, I loved it, with lots of cheese, pepperoni, onions... the works. For breakfast it was great, hot or cold. Then had to give up gluten and dairy, so became an egg convert. Now with this crust and Daiya "cheese" I can lay out some pizza again. Well, maybe not for breakfast...

    Thanks for the information and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comment is awaiting moderation