Finding Your Roots

A few months ago, I attended the Gluten and Allergen Free Wellness Event in Charlotte (reshare) . As one of their bloggers, I always love to meet the sponsors and see what types of products are there. In the midst of a flurry of events, I realized that I had been given some of the Roots Hummus to take
home, try out and give some feedback. Flash forward to now, June (uh, a few months later...so, like, where's the post Nutrimom?! Gah!) followed by a trip to Whole Foods to grab up some new hummus. This was the best part of it my lateness- getting more (because, yeah, not only did the stock that they gave me not make it through even one week but if it had, I'm pretty sure it would not be the right color by now).

First off, I caught this lovely and wonderful signage when I went to grab a few containers-


Tell me this, in itself is not awesome- Roots Hummus part of donating to the Whole Kids Foundation!  I may be partial because this company is based in Asheville, NC but I always love when any company gives back to others. And, because it's to help introduce better nutrition to children (which is where better health starts), I am doubly partial....does that makes sense? 

Thai Coconut Curry Hummus- yup, you read that right. Is it as delicious as it is intriguing. There is a slight, smooth coconut taste to it with a bit of a kick. I love the combination, the flavor, the consistency and I could not stop eating it.


Chipotle Hummus- Now this, THIS has a kick! As much as my mouth was burning, I had this overwhelming need to keep eating it. I am a spicy person for sure so this was an absolute perfect snack for me to have and I look forward to getting it again.

Roots, Does it Pass the Test? I would say I am far from being a hummus expert but I do know what I do NOT like in a hummus (tell me if you agree)- 

I don't like hummus if it's even remotely:
  1. Gritty
  2. Lumpy
  3. Too dry
  4. Too watery
  5. Looks oily
  6. Is made with a ton of allergenic items too (such as nuts)

I am more than happy to share that Roots Hummus has none of the above qualities. Although I have only tried just a few of their products, I am extremely happy and satisfied.  I love that this company combines flavors that are not often found in a hummus to take the dipping options to the next level. 

Ingredients? Other Products? They have several varieties of hummus which are free of meat,dairy and animal products (this includes ingredients, products, production methods, equipment and facility). You can view all of their products and the ingredients HERE (very handy little sheet). I highly recommend that you try out their products for yourself but I have a feeling that your taste buds will be begging for more. 

Photo courtesy Rootsfoods.com
If you do give them a try, please let them know that Nutrimom gave them a good recommendation because, you know, sharing is caring. To see who they are, visit their webpage, Twitter and Facebook.



As always, I was not compensated for my product review other than the product itself as my reviews are always honest.

Comments