Gluten Free Lashes

I am always on the lookout on new products, to meet new people and to learn new things. Since being healthier is literally in every aspect of our lives - from the foods that we eat to the very items that touch our skin, I have been paying more attention to which products might offer a more natural approach to everything that I do. So you can imagine my curiosity when I stopped by a booth at a local health fair that had a Younique consultant.

Photo courtesy of Youniqueproducts.com

For those of you who aren't familiar, Younique offers a product called Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes. The consultant on site, Ashley Sherrill, had curiously doe-like lashes that were feathery and long and she shimmered (another option of the product line). I did stop and ask why her mascara was different form any other mascara product and although I couldn't stop staring at her lashes, I grabbed a card and was on my way. I admit, when I go to events there's never much that I do buy- I am a "research first, purchase after" kind of peep.

Weeks later, I decided to see if this was for me. Samples were sent, glittery shimmery stuff was with it and I was confused. I watched the video on how to apply the mascara because the fiber lashes kit contains two tubes- Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers.


You Have to Do What?
You have to begin with the gel, then apply the Fibers, then end with the gel (which, basically) is mascara and I found I had to do this several times to get the look that I wanted. Now I am definitely excited that the ingredients (below) are a healthier option than most mascaras that you can find in your typical store but I have to be honest and say, $29 compared to the typical range of $8-15 bothers me a tad. Am I cheap? Yes. Do I spend a little extra in areas that I feel are worth it, especially when it comes to health? Yes. But this product didn't cut it with me personally. I don't have the time to apply, reapply, reapply, reapply each and every day.

Lashes Pass or Fail?
I would say this product is not altogether a lost possibility. I did like the feathery lashes, but I feel that spending this much money on what can be done with just one item is not within my spending needs. On the plus side- this product is gluten free.

Perhaps Younique might consider offering to sell the Fibers as a separate item to purchase at a lower price? I mean, since the gel is really just a mascara base which can be found anywhere, then why not offer the ability to purchase separately? Or even for those who are looking for a base mascara with better ingredients, this would be an additional option as well...consider the costs for your normal, everyday customers. Just my thoughts as a mom and a woman on a budget.

Skip It or Go For it?
Just because I am honest in sharing my experiences with Younique's Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes does not mean I am telling everyone to steer clear. We each have different tastes and someone else may feel very differently about this product. Younique does offer a Love it Guarantee so why not give it a try?  If you do decide to order, please go to Ashley Sherrill's site (HERE) because she is the sweetest person ever & regardless of what you decide for yourself, she will take good care of you.

* For those with allergies other than gluten, please do some additional research on the product ingredients to see if this is safe for your specific allergy concerns.

As always, I am not compensated for any product reviews (other than the products themselves) as my thoughts and opinions are always honest.

(Transplanting Gel) 
- Water
- Beeswax (Natural Propolis) - brownish material collected by bees
- Carnauba (Brazilian Palm Glue)- palm glue oil that is extracted and refined through pressing and crushing, creating a gel
- Iron Oxide C1 77499 (Black) - mineral that can be used for a color
 - Collagen - protein that holds the body together
- Acrylates Copolymer - adhesive, binding agent
- Nylon- powder substance used as a binding and thickening agent
- Stearic Acic - derived from palm trees that is supposed to soothe, soften and nourish the skin
- Propylene Glycol - humidifying and delivery ingredient that helps active ingredients penetrate the skin

(Natural Fibers) 
- 100% Natural fibers taken from the Campanulaceae of green tea - Campanulaceae is a large family of the dicotyledonous plants. 





Comments