Food Makes the World Go 'Round

Each Valentine's Day, I am instantly turned into the geeky mom that I always swore I would never be. Ok, maybe I am every day but Valentine's Day steps it up a notch. What does this mean? Virtually every meal that my family eats the entire day is either red or heart-shaped or both. I even catch my teenage son smirking with delight when he comes down to a heart-shaped breakfast. But who could blame them? NOW, if I could only figure out how to have someone make ME heart-shaped food all day, I would be set.

Begin the Day With Love
Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I wanted to come up with something simple for those of you who just don't have the time to cook a meal. No judgement here- all I ask is to remember how important including a protein with your breakfast is to get that brain functioning. Dare I say, protein plus a heart-shaped anything revs up those little minds of our children. Watch their faces light up when you tell them you are going to make them something with love but also with two of their favorite foods. Then, put on your super cape and in under ten minutes, swoop in and present these Breakfast Bar SunButter Sammies.

Click HERE for the recipe
Simple, fast, easy, heart-shaped, protein-packed (thanks SunButter!) and they are just plain adorable. To be honest, I was popping several of these into my mouth while trying to get the recipe written. Beware as breakfast bar and SunButter smudges may appear on you, your clothing, your hair and all other surfaces that it touches. I do advise to only lick your fingers (if they are clean) since all of the other places, blah- who knows what's been there and there should be no sickness on the day of love.

End the Day With Love
Valentine's Day can be stressful, even with all of the love flying around. We're all jumping around filled with love and joy, we are all hyped up on excess sugar (come on, you know we are!) and at the end of the day, we will still be happy but soooo darn tired! Which brings us to our options:

A) We could go to a drive through - Uh, no. Food allergies and drive-throughs don't go together and so not budget-friendly, which would begin another fight (which is not allowed on love day)

B) We could grab a prepared meal at a local food store- Again, still concerns with food allergies, budgets plus who knows how long that food has been sitting there or how many people have moved it around, hoping someone will buy it before they need to chuck it. Refer back to three paragraphs above regarding sickness.

C) Prepare a four course meal in the name of love- ..........can you hear all of the mothers and wives out their either crying or screaming because they just don't wanna?! Four course meal, really? Are you out of your mind right now???

D) Keep it Simple- Ding, Ding, Ding!!!! Food should always, always, ALWAYS be simple, fun, allergy-friendly and budget-friendly. Luckily, I have a solution that hits all of these criteria. You ready? Heart-Shaped Bacon Wrapped Chicken to the rescue!



Are you still looking at it, saying "Are you crazy?! I can't make that!" YES, YOU CAN! and I can show you- just click here . If you are a recipe-reader and sharer, feel free to grab a copy here.

STILL Need More Ideas?
You can never have too many recipes! Sharing is caring so I invite you to also revisit these posts of some of my past Valentine's Day recipe ideas. Feel free to share your favorites in the comments below :)




Cookies and how to assemble your own Valentines' Day heart of chocolates








Salted Caramel Bacon Hearts, Love Bites & Hotdog Hugs









Make your own allergy-friendly bouquet of chocolates

Comments