I stumbled across this adorable, allergy-friendly pastime shared by Gimbal's Fine Candies. I love the simplicity of it and the fact that it's something that will end in being able to nosh while you create. Let's face it, we all love to eat and Thanksgiving is all about having those treats that we normally don't allow ourselves to eat too much of during the rest of the year. This food activity hits on all of the parental must-have's for holiday sharing amusement.
- It uses Gimbal's Fine Candies so the fear of cross contamination is not a concern
- It allows time with anyone of all ages
- It refocuses us away from our now typical routine of using electronics
- It's simple- parents always like simple
- It includes food which makes all of us happy
- Using a piece of white construction paper, start painting the base of the tree using the brown acrylic paint (Be sure to paint the top of the tree with branches to put the jelly beans on).
- Once the tree is complete, use the red, orange and yellow paint to fill in the branches with fall leaves (this will provide a nice base for the jelly beans).
- One by one, use glue or glue dots to paste Gimbal's Gourmet Jelly Beans onto the tree
- Once complete, hang the tree in your favorite spot to be enjoyed by all during Thanksgiving or frame it with a date to keep the memory for years to come.
Will you try this out?