The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the TreeTop


I am lucky enough to be approached by companies for samples and my opinions. What could be better? "Eat this and tell me what you think", right? But I am picky about what I do and don't try out. Does our family eat perfectly all of the time? No. Do I strive to find products that are healthier for us but will also save me time and not break the bank? Always. I guess you could say that I like products that multitask so I don't have too.

The wonderful people at Tree Top sent me some of their products but check out this adorable lunch kit and reusable Rubbermaid containers that they included as well. They must have done their homework because I am a self-professed Kitchen Geek who adores all kitchen items, especially those that are reusable. They thought one step ahead, knowing that NutriFamily are lunch packers and that the Lunch Blox kit and the adorable apple-shaped cookie cutter and container that also holds a dip for your apple slices (not pictured) would make me squee (yes, squee is a technical term). Just in time too as NutriDaughter was in need of a new lunch bag! Although TreeTop sent me their squeeze pouches of their apple sauce, they also make apple juice, other juice, organic juice boxes and fruit snacks (gummies, who doesn't love gummies?!).

You Wanna a Pouch in the Mouth?! This is an inside joke with my family but I digress.... TreetTop sent me their pouches. So you may ask "Nutrimom, why should I buy TreeTop products instead of my typical brand?" Good question because that was the first thing that popped into my mind too. Upon researching their website, I noticed that TreeTop applesauce pouches have some labeling information that your current brand may or may not have:

  • Their pouches are BPA free (this is HUGE to me, isn't it for you?)
  • No sugar added
  • No high fructose corn syrup (..shouldn't it just be apples? Pat on the back TreeTop)
  • No artificial colors or flavors
  • Kosher certified
  • Gluten free
The ingredients? Just three- apples, water and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). 

TreeTop sent me three flavors- Apple, Strawberry and Tropical. Now, I am not a huge applesauce person although I use it for baking and recipes. And NutriKids are both teenagers now so I was kind of looking at the squeeze pouches like "Ummmm, yeah... do I pack one in one of the kids's lunches? Is that ok to do in Middle School? Will she even eat it?..am I over thinking this, I should just pack it and see what she says." To be fair, I also packed one in my lunch so that I could get the full experience too. I mean, if I was worried about using a product that may not be age appropriate, then me bringing it to work would have the same atmosphere, right? 

Just Squeeze It The results? NutriDaughter reported similar thoughts that I had and both pouches were consumed. We both concur that A) it's a bit of an adjustment to go from a spoonable applesauce to a squeeze pouch but it's not a bad thing and B) we both assumed that because there was no sugar added, the apple sauce pouch would be tasteless. I can assure you that no sugar does not mean no taste. These little pouches taste like they were just picked off the tree that morning, smooshed and whatever else they do and delivered right to our fridge. When I tried the Tropical- WOW! What a great flavor combination! The Tropical pouch was more like special drink and not an applesauce at all. Again, the flavors popped and tasted very fresh. No funky aftertaste, just freshness in a pouch. Their products are also free from: crustaceans, eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, soy, tree nuts and wheat.

Fruit With a Purpose You know I am also a sucker for companies that give back so when I saw the community information on TreeTop's information I smiled from ear to ear. Their videos explain how giving back is a huge part of their team mission and how they get their employees involved in their approaches. Can I just say that I wish they were located in North Carolina?! I would be banging at their door - This just in, Nutrimom found peering into the windows of local manufacturer. News at 11." (face pressed up against the windows, eyes wide) ... does this seem a bit creepy? Totally not meant that way! I would have ideas, so many ideas..TreeTop, we should collaborate to avoid that news headline. 

In the meantime, take the safe route and stop by their website, Facebook page, Instagram pageTwitter and Pinterest too. Please let them know that you read about them on Nutrimom's blog review (all I get is a thank you but I'll take it!). 






Comments