Stop Baking!

Like many of you, I have been cooking, creating recipes and dabbling in the recipe world for many years due to NutriSon's food allergies. Although it truly is a labor of love, when I come up with allergy-friendly recipes that are both easy and delicious, I pat myself on the back. Yes, I have spent hours upon hours in the kitchen. Yes, I do it because I want too. But for the times that I don't have too, there is a small flash of gratitude that passes through my heart. 

With the holidays approaching, I wanted to come up with a recipe that was something worthy of gift giving, party pick ups, wintry night noshing and just something very easy. This recipe does call for bourbon however, you can use any safe alcohol of your choice. For those that are not able to or choose not to have alcohol, I (believe) these would still be just as tasty.

gluten free no bake bourbon balls 
1 (8 ounce package) crushed gluten free animal crackers (such as SimpleTruth) + 4 ounces more for rolling
1 cup ground gluten free pretzels
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
1/4 cup bourbon (can also use other liquors)
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons water
Additional confectioners' sugar, crushed pretzel or crushed animal crackers

  1. Mix together animal crackers, pretzels, confectioners' sugar and baking cocoa
  2. Combine bourbon, honey and water
  3. Stir into mixture
  4. Shape into 1- inch balls
  5. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar, pretzel or animal cracker crumbs
  6. Store in an airtight container

Makes approximately 26

Mom Reminder- do not forget to check processing and labeling on all/any alcohol that you are going to use as allergens can be lurking there as well. I'm sure you know- I am a mom, I had to remind you.


Comments