Food IS Happiness

I admit, I am not one of those food allergy moms that tried to ban food inclusive parties. I support those that do but with NutriSon, I felt that it would be better for him to go through the motions of everyday life as it would happen. Did I get stressed out whenever there was mention of a yet another class party or special treat being planned? Yes. Did I get angry at those who "forgot" to tell me, leeaving my son without safe treats? Absolutely. Ultimately, I was the parent that always lurked in the back of the classroom armed with wipes, medications and safe foods while keeping one eye on my son at all times but also trying to seem like any other parent that was there to socialize. I didn't complain, I didn't judge those who tried to debate with me about why my son "should" be able to eat their foods- I simply smiled, shut down the conversation and went on with the day.

food love happiness gratitude family

You see, food IS happiness. Food IS love. Food IS tradition, regardless of what nationality or religion you. Some can argue that food should not be used as a prize but why not? I feel we should not be deprived just because it is food. I needed my son to grow up understanding that yes, there will always be times and places that he will be surrounded by foods that he cannot have. I needed him to know how to handle those situations because no parent follows their child around for the rest of their life. And I needed him to know that I had his back every single time that I knew I could.

Recently, I was on a podcast with Jordan Googe as the guest. He was discussing how food is used as comfort. I felt a pang of guilt go through me as I am the person who loves to feed (also Italian so if you are not fed, you have failed as a person). But Jordan immediately looked at me and said "I think you are guilty of facilitating a happy relationship and happy emotions from people. It happened to be created through your cooking." .... I honestly think that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. No guilt for being who I am and no shaming for involving food in our life. When was the last time someone has said something to you and it just seemed very profound and much needed for that moment in your life?

holiday promotion allergies save supportBecause I share food with my friends and family, I want to share food with all of you too! I am offering a holiday discount - For $150, the package will include a limited consultation, a copy of my ebook The Stepping Stones to Food Allergies and additional recipe ideas all free of your specific allergens (this is a savings of over $200!). Any consultations that are scheduled with me by December 31, 2019 will receive this special promotional offer*. Consultations may be take place beyond December 31st but MUST be scheduled with payment by December 31, 2019. I am also happy to offer this as a holiday gift option if you are looking for a unique idea for someone that you know is in need of some support. Contact me today for details and set up your consultation now to begin 2020 with positive thoughts about food, life and otherwise. We are in this together!



*Those who are seeking a longer consultation session will be charged for additional hours at my regular rate of $85/hour












Comments