Food Without Fear Book Launch

What I love about the food allergy community is that regardless of how long it has been since we saw/spoke/communicated with each other, we are always here for one another. It's like that lifelong friend that you have known since when you were like 4 and you still call each other to catch up without feeling weird. That friend that you can just call out of the blue and they just appear, asking what they can do to help. In this day and age, isn't that an awesome and amazing thing to have?

2014 Food Allergy Bloggers Conference

Today, I want to help one of my friends. I have known Dr. Ruchi Gupta for ....... honestly, I don't remember how long but it's been a long time and I am grateful that we are still connected. She is a brilliant doctor that advocates for the food allergy community but she is also very down to earth and the coolest person to sit and have a conversation with. She has worked tirelessly to be a voice for the food allergy community but also continues to find new paths for those who need guidance and support while still remaining that Dr. Ruchi that we all know and love. She has partnered with multiple food allergy organizations and companies to be a voice of the community. I was excited when I got news of her newest book Food Without Fear. Her main focus of this book? 

  • Eat With Ease
  • Demystify Allergies, Sensitivities and Similar Conditions
  • Find Hope
AND, proceeds will fund access to safe foods for those struggling across the country (I told you Dr. Ruchi was a rock star!). Want to know more? 


"Americans think they have a food allergy. The problem is, many people eat a food and something happens and then they stop eating it. They never get to a doctor, they never get tested, they don't really know exactly what they have but they are taking a food out of their diet." 

Why do I personally love this concept? Because within the food allergy community, there is a somewhat silent argument between food allergies and food intolerances. Many argue that a food intolerance is not the same as a food allergy because it (most likely) does not cause an anaphylactic reaction. There have been battles over this for years. I stick to what I originally said years ago- just because a food intolerance is not life threatening does not mean it is not life altering. I applaud Dr. Ruchi for stepping up to the plate and advocating for all of those who are having difficulties with their foods. Not having a correct diagnosis can be a horrific experience and I for one am all for offering advice to show others how to get the correct diagnosis to allow them to enjoy their foods and their life.

What Can You Do? 

  1. Check out the website with "DIY tools" at  https://foodwithoutfearbook.com/
  2. Sign up for the Chicago launch party in August here
  3. SHARE SHARE SHARE!!!
More updates to come but until then- sending virtual hugs, kisses and appreciation to Dr. Ruchi Gupta and those helping her with this new mission. I appreciate you and I am excited to see the next step ~



Comments