Popcorn, Caja Style

Popcorn- the ultimate treat for any occasion. Think about it- snacks, family movie time, a quick snack or even a way to create other great snacks. But what happens when you have a nut allergy and cannot find a brand of popcorn that doesn't have some speck of nut oil somewhere along the processing? For people with nut allergies, it's not only annoying and frustrating but it's upsetting. Why should nut allergic people NOT have popcorn in yummy flavors? That question has now been answered by Caja Popcorn.

I am excited to say that I was given the opportunity to both share their product in my Celiac Awareness Giveaway and have a taste testing of my very own. And they even sent me some packages of Plackers- they thought of everything!

They were generous enough to send me six flavors- Classic Butter, Spicy BBQ, Pimento Cheese, Kettle Corn, Caramel Sea Salt and Peaches and Cream. These little silver packets taunted me...which one should I taste first? Is there one that's more of a morning flavor and others that are afternoon snackers? Oh, who cares- I'm digging in! And so, I began with Classic Butter.

Classic Butter tastes just like movie-popped popcorn. Those light, fluffy, bigger sized popcorn puffs that you don't seem to get when you pop at home. The flavoring was perfect- not too strong or salty, just a scrumptious combination that made me wish I had a movie to sit down and watch while I munched on it. Alas, the pressures of getting the job done, right? (What a delicious assignment but someone has to do it)


Spicy BBQ Now I don't know about anyone else but I have found
that most bbq flavored snacks tend to have a ton of spices- to the point that it it just overpowering. The tricky taste of Caja's bbq looks sweet and innocent when you see it, right? Looks spiced but you are probably thinking "Doesn't look barbequey". I can state that I was pleasantly surprised myself. At first, the taste is a bit on the mild side. But then-pow! You get the barbecue flavor along with a slight kick of hotness. Very nice flavor! I also want to personally thank Caja Popcorn for not including yeast in their flavoring as many snacks are off-limits for me due to that ingredient.

Pimento Cheese If you have ever craved a cheesy popcorn, this is the end all be all of cheesy corn. It's got a creamy, buttery cheesy flavor that melts in your mouth. Of all of the flavors, this is the one that went the fastest when I offered bites to my family- I should know better than to share. If you are wondering if it tastes like pimento, I personally found it to be less pimentoey and more like a white cheddar taste (No offense Caja, this is meant as a compliment). Definitely munchable!


Kettle Corn I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of your typical kettle corn. However, this kettle corn was more of a caramel corn to me. Lightly flavored, candy-like caramel corn. It was delicious. I murmured to my husband about not eating kettle corn and I would save it for him to try but then where was my hand going for another piece? Right back into the bag. Nom, nom, nom.


Caramel Sea Salt This flavor was another great combination of flavors. It was almost like Cracker Jacks meets Fiddle Faddle
(please, someone tell me they know what Fiddle Faddle is!) It was caramel but is it was butter and salt as well. The whole while, it wasn't too sweet or too sticky, just a perfect poofy popcorn snack. If you don't believe me, just check out the gobs of goodness in the picture.

Peaches and Cream Yes, you read that correctly- peaches and cream. I mean, how unique and cool! I am an outside-of-the-box thinker so I appreciate a flavor that is not the norm. The peaches and cream was like a light and tasty piece of peach pie. This flavor also had a kind of sneak up on you taste. It starts out a bit like a sweet popcorn but then you get the taste sensation of a creamy treat. Now, I know this may sound kind of corny (no pun intended) but I think this would be a great topping for ice cream. Ice cream and popcorn? Yup, I said it.

Is your mouth watering? Are you hungry now? For more information, please visit their website at www.cajapopcorn.com and tell them that Nutrimom sent you.* Happy snacking!



* I was not compensated in any way for my review other than the products themselves. 










Comments