SunButter Surprise Krispy Treats

Do you remember what is was like before food allergies? Driving to the store, choosing your favorite chocolate bar that was absolutely not good for you but you still had to have one? I do. My favorite was Twix...drooling. That chocolatey, crunchy caramelly bar. Can I still go and get one- yes but I know it's not safe for my son and I know that ultimately, I will feel like crap after I eat it. My answer to these situations is to limit my forbidden treats but every once in awhile, I find a recipe or make a recipe that tastes very close to that beloved snack so that I don't have to worry about cheating or not cheating. Sometimes. I can have my candy and eat it too.

This morning, I started out trying to make one type of recipe and it turned out to be something else but better. This crispy treat (to our family) tastes almost like a Twix bar. But even better than that, it's easy to make (even for me..remember, I suck at making crispy treats..see HERE). Easy, allergy-friendly and may I say, slightly addictive? May I happily present my recipe for SunButter Surprise Crispy Treats


SunButter Surprise Crispy Treats
Winona Pure Oil SunButter Spray
5-6 Tablespoons butter, butter alternative or Winona  Pure Popcorn Butter Spray
6 Cups mini marshmallows (can use Dandees)
5-6 Teaspoons SunButter of your choice (I used Natural)
3 Cups Enjoy Life Foods Double Chocolate Crunch Granola

Spray a casserole dish with the spray oil and set aside.

In a large pot over medium-low heat, add the butter (or butter, spray alternatives) and mini marshmallows. Stir frequently until melted to prevent burning and sticking. Remove from the heat and add the SunButter. Mix in the Double Chocolate Crunch Granola and mix well.

Using a plastic spatula, pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Cool completely before slicing (or, eat them directly out of the pot using care as not to burn yourself in the process).

Serving sizes vary.

Enjoy~








Comments