The Very Sneezy Dinosaur [Book Review]

With NutriKids growing up fast, I am always excited to see new child-friendly books coming out to educate younger kids. As much as I love that my children are growing up and becoming their own person, I do miss the nights that I would snuggle and read with them. Now, with my son being 18 and my daughter 15, well.... it may creep some people out and mortify both of my kids if I were to try to read to them. Luckily, I still get approached to give my thoughts about new books. So, although I cannot read them to my children, I get to share them with all of you and your children and that leaves me with warm, fuzzy feelings.

allergy childrens book dinosaur sneezingThe Very Sneezy Dinosaur is an adorable book written by Justin and Michelle Esgar, parents of a son who has allergies. The main character, Elvie, is a dinosaur who cannot stop sneezing. The pictures and wording are a simple way to read to children on a comforting level while allowing them to enjoy a family-friendly story. Although just thirteen pages long, this story of a sneezy dinosaur would be a wonderful way to softly educate families, be used for story time at school or as an easy way to help transition into the world of allergies. Studies have shown that visual reminders are an easier way to educate anyone but children especially tend to pick up on messages more quickly when they find the character someone that they can relate to easily.

Are you wondering how the story goes? You can order a copy (both Kindle and paperback available) directly from Amazon. My personal suggestion- if you are able to provide or donate books to your child's school or a local library, this book would be a wonderful contribution. Copies for birthdays, Grandparents' house or even as an initial food allergy diagnosis gift to share with the child diagnosed would also be something so easy to allow Elvie to help provide even more comfort where it is needed.

childrens allergies book sneeze dinosaurThe next important question is- will there be more books coming out in the future? Stay tuned!



Special thanks to Michelle Esgar for thinking of me and offering to send me a copy for my opinion.


Comments